Parasitic capacitance between high dv/dt devices (think transformers, transistors) and ground is a significant cause of common-mode EMI.
Few feelings are worse than performing a part buy and realizing the components aren’t suitable for the design as planned. Whether incorrect package styles or electrical parameters, the result is a delay in manufacturing while waiting for the next shipment. An even more ghastly possibility is the inclusion of components designated for obsolescence, which can…
Designers can choose between different copper thickness values, but most boards utilize a standard value of 1 oz. for most applications.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Parasitic Capacitance: High-Speed Circuit Effects
- Component Obsolescence and Future-Proofed Assemblies
- PCB Core vs. Prepreg
- Copper Clad Laminate (CCL) Selection Guide
- Medical Device Industry Forecast: 2024 and Beyond
- Semiconductor Industry Forecast 2024: AI Driving Growth
- Copper Thickness for PCBs
- Electronic Component Lifecycle Management Aids Assembly
- PCB Material Guide
- Four-Layer PCB Stackup Guide