There are always events that will have an effect on the PCB component supply chain. Since much of the supply chain depends on overseas manufacturers, it can easily be disrupted by national holidays, political unrest, materials shortages, or problems with shipping. With the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020, however, a new set of problems compounded the already complex nature of the supply chain.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Electromagnetic interference (EMI) has been a problem that electronic design has grappled with for as long as printed circuit boards have been built. Depending on the function and design of the electronics, a PCB may produce or fall victim to radiated electromagnetic energy. The goal is to design PCBs so that they will not interfere with each other and have good electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). This means paying attention to five key areas on your design.
When it comes to having your printed circuit boards manufactured, the quality of the finished product will be one of your chief concerns. To achieve the highest levels of manufacturing quality, it is important to find a contract manufacturer that follows established PCB quality control methods. Here are six areas of quality control that you should be looking for in a PCB CM.
Everything from drugs and therapies to new medical equipment quickly went from development to production, including new systems for the detection and treatment of COVID-19. This is hardly surprising though, for those who are in the business of creating cutting edge technology in healthcare have been routinely doing this all along. Let’s take a look at some of this technology and what it takes to get it manufactured.
Before your next shipment of finished PCBs arrives at your office or warehouse, you’ll need assurance that it will comply with important industry safety standards and is fully functional. An experienced CM with the right facilities can perform these tests and much more during fabrication.
Ramping up production on any new product typically takes time, and during a pandemic that has shuttered many businesses, this could be difficult. But there are some manufacturers that are uniquely qualified to take on this task. Here’s how the role of manufacturing technology in pandemic containment is well suited to your local printed circuit board contract manufacturer.
- How to Manage PCB Component Supply During Covid-19
- 5 EMI/EMC Design Considerations for Optimal PCB Manufacturing
- The Top Six PCB Quality Control Methods of the Best CMs
- Cutting Edge Technology in Healthcare (and the PCBs Powering Them)
- The Basics of Environmental Testing of Electronics
- Advantages of Rapid PCB Prototyping for Coronavirus Pandemic Containment
- Surface Mount Technology Advantages and Disadvantages for PCB Assembly
- Challenges in Medical Equipment Development From a PCB Manufacturing Perspective
- Domestic Sourcing vs International Sourcing of PCB Components
- Standard PCB Sizes: What to Know From an Assembly Perspective