There are several points to consider when designing your PCB prototype. Let’s take a look at some of these and what these requirements to build a PCB prototype mean for you as the designer.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
To get your project through production as quickly and smoothly as possible, here are some ideas on how to best create and manage your PCB manufacturing documentation.
Once you’re ready to move from design to manufacturing, you’ll need to consider how your contract medical PCB manufacturer meets or exceeds critical quality and reliability standards. Your CM should also be able to deliver quality products on time without breaking the bank.
When you’re innovating in Silicon Valley, you need a reliable CM to manage your NPI runs. Here’s a closer look at the potential PCB manufacturer advantages and disadvantages that come with partnering with a local CM.
To ensure the PCBAs that you are having built will pass RoHS-compliant manufacturing standards, you need to use a contract manufacturer that is well versed in these regulations. A CM that has built their manufacturing processes around RoHS regulations will have the capabilities and knowledge you need to ensure the quality of your finished boards.
You need to know what may be changing with your PCB’s components far enough in advance so that those changes can be effectively managed without hurting the production of your PCBAs. And in cases in which a component is no longer available, you need the engineering services of your CM for end-of-life (EOL) components to plan for component obsolescence.
- PCB Assembly BOM Best Practices for Low-Volume Builds
- PCB Trace Width Tolerance Guidelines for Manufacturing
- PCB Signal Integrity Testing Fundamentals When Designing for Manufacturing
- PCB Component-to-Component Spacing Considerations to Optimize for Assembly
- Meeting Traceability Requirements for Medical Devices During PCB Assembly
- PCB Via Size Guidelines For Manufacturing
- Finding a Copy Exact Manufacturing Partner for Your PCB Assembly
- Common PCB Quality Issues and How Your CM Should Help Prevent Them
- PCB Design for Assembly Guidelines Engineers Should Know
- Top PCB Layout Mistakes to Avoid and How Your CM Can Help