Following checklists for flying is critical, as not doing so can result in disaster. The same is true while designing a printed circuit board. If you don’t already have one, here are some ideas on how to create a simple but effective PCB layout checklist for yourself.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
In PCB design, we have rules to follow as well that are intended to protect us from creating PCB designs that can’t be assembled. Here’s a look at some of those PCB trace design rules and how by using them, you can help yourself design a better board.
Here, we’re going to take a look at the IPC through hole soldering standards, and just how a high-quality CM will apply them to working on your printed circuit board assembly.
Your contract manufacturer also must be fully prepared when they manufacture your printed circuit boards with surface mount components. Of course, there’s a lot more to this preparation than just picking up a few extra paint brushes. The raw boards must be prepared for assembly, and the automated placement machines must be set up with parts before the board can go through the production line. Let’s take a moment to look more closely at the SMT PCB assembly process and how that might affect some of your PCB design decisions.
If those pins are the leads of a thru-hole device, then soldering or un-soldering those pins can be very difficult with all of the metal in the planes they connect to. This is where the thermal relief comes in, and there are some PCB thermal relief guidelines that you should know more about.
Telecom industry PCBs must pass important testing to ensure they will function as expected. Here’s a closer look at the HALT and HASS test methodologies.
- The Top 5 PCB Assembly Cost Drivers That Could Impact Your Project
- POC vs. MVP vs. Prototype: Understanding What You Need for Your Next Electronics NPI
- Choosing a CM For Lead Free PCB Manufacturing
- How to Handle Electronics Component Shortages
- The Importance of Designing for EMI/EMC Standards for Automotive Electronics
- 7 Advantages of Third Party Contract Manufacturing
- How to Manage PCB Component Supply During Covid-19
- 5 EMI/EMC Design Considerations for Optimal PCB Manufacturing
- The Top Six PCB Quality Control Methods of the Best CMs
- Cutting Edge Technology in Healthcare (and the PCBs Powering Them)