You’re finally finished with your latest printed circuit board design. Here you are, ready to go, and yet you are faced with a very important question: Are you giving the right PCB assembly file format to your CM?
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Most PCBs do not need to be built to the highest standard—Class 3. In fact, you may get better overall results by having them built to IPC-A-610 class 2 requirements instead.
Your contract manufacturer should have processes in place for inspection and cleanup of assembled boards. Let’s take a moment to talk about why you should expect full attention to printed circuit board assembly cleanliness specifications from your CM.
In the same way that you can’t pound a puzzle piece into the wrong place, following some basic PCB component placement guidelines will help ensure the success of your layout.
Looking for a contract manufacturer to build a large PCB prototype board can be overwhelming to consider all of what needs to be done to get your board built on time and within budget.
Without the rigid processes in place to meet NRTL electrical certification requirements, these CMs aren’t able to provide the necessary assurance that the finished PCB can be used in your final product. This may result in a lot of extra expense and time to work around this problem to get the circuit board certified as required.
- PCB Assembly BOM Best Practices for Low-Volume Builds
- PCB Trace Width Tolerance Guidelines for Manufacturing
- PCB Signal Integrity Testing Fundamentals When Designing for Manufacturing
- PCB Component-to-Component Spacing Considerations to Optimize for Assembly
- Meeting Traceability Requirements for Medical Devices During PCB Assembly
- PCB Via Size Guidelines For Manufacturing
- Finding a Copy Exact Manufacturing Partner for Your PCB Assembly
- Common PCB Quality Issues and How Your CM Should Help Prevent Them
- PCB Design for Assembly Guidelines Engineers Should Know
- Top PCB Layout Mistakes to Avoid and How Your CM Can Help