Without the rigid processes in place to meet NRTL electrical certification requirements, these CMs aren’t able to provide the necessary assurance that the finished PCB can be used in your final product. This may result in a lot of extra expense and time to work around this problem to get the circuit board certified as required.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Let’s talk a little about some of those potential problems and frustrations that can happen during PCB manufacturing, and how the best PCB assembly services a CM can offer are focused on quality to help you navigate your way safely around them.
To keep up with the needs of today’s technologies, PCB assemblers are constantly looking for new and better ways to improve their manufacturing techniques. We’ll take a look here at some of the basics of automation in PCB manufacturing, and then ahead to what is coming next.
Making sure to partner with a CM that will make the right choice for your PCB prototype fabrication is extremely important to the success of your project. Here are some thoughts to keep in mind as you go through this process.
The key with PCB testing is to make sure that your CM goes beyond the PCB functional test, fully testing your board so you can have assurance that it will function as expected.
By taking a look at some of the PCB DFM guidelines that you should be considering, you’ll see how those considerations can help you choose the contract manufacturer to partner with for your next PCBA prototype.
- Considerations When Choosing an Automotive Prototype Manufacturer
- PCB Creepage and Clearance Standards for Optimal Assembly
- Understanding In-Circuit Test vs. Flying Probe for Your PCBA
- A Guide to IPC Assembly Standards for PCB Manufacturing
- Why You Need an ISO 13485-Certified Contract Manufacturer
- PCB Vendor Qualification Best Practices: Identifying a Quality CM
- Electronic Component Selection Guidelines to Enhance Manufacturability
- 4 Essential PCB Testing Techniques During Assembly and Manufacturing
- Basics of PCB Component Assembly Every Designer Should Know
- Selective Soldering vs. Wave Soldering: Advantages and Disadvantages