Choosing the right electronics manufacturer to build your new product introduction (NPI) will be the key to mitigating potential problems on your product’s journey from prototype to production. Here are some of the problems that can plague your NPI process.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
When you have your printed circuit board design manufactured, you want to get the best quality board built without any unpleasant surprises in cost. There are however some unintentional errors that can happen in design that could drive those costs up. Here are the top 5 PCB assembly cost drivers that you should consider while still in design.
Your product will never have the functionality you require unless you build a great proof-of-concept (POC). This design phase may end with a somewhat crude board that won’t resemble your final product, but it gives you a chance to focus on designing the functionality you want in a final product. If you can carefully move through each design iteration while obeying important DFM requirements, your functional prototype and the final product will be of high quality and manufacturable at scale.
For years, electronic components have been soldered onto printed circuit boards using solder with a lead base. To protect the environment from exposure to lead and other harmful substances, regulations are now in place for certain areas to restrict their use. Here’s more information on what lead free PCB manufacturing is, and why it is important.
To keep these electronics from being affected by external electromagnetic interference (EMI), or affecting each other, automotive electronics today have to meet specific electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements. To do this, electronics designers for automotive products have to understand what those requirements are, and how best to design for them. Here is a little more information on how you can be prepared for designing to the EMI/EMC standards for automotive electronic components.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts
- Turnkey PCB Assembly: Finding the Right Fit
- What to Look for in Scalable PCB Manufacturing Services