Unlike consumer electronics which are highly fungible due to rapid advancements in technology and market forces, a PCB installation may be intended to last for several years, or even a decade depending on its role.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Unlike consumer electronics which are highly fungible due to rapid advancements in technology and market forces, a PCB installation may be intended to last for several years, or even a decade depending on its role. The stress/strain on any cables in the fixture can imperil long-term reliability and, ultimately, baseline functionality if not properly accounted for.
Most fictional sci-fi utopias (and sometimes, the set up to some dystopias) are attributed to a technological breakthrough whereby all work is handled by machines. Freed from responsibility, humanity can live a life of leisure and exploration, content to let their material needs be met by a continuously operating AI workforce.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Protected: PCB Surface Finish: Preparing for Assembly
- PCB vs. PCBA: From Bare Board To Final Assembly
- Mixed-Signal PCB Design Best Practices
- ENEPIG – Electroless Nickel Electroless Palladium Immersion Gold
- HASL vs. ENIG – Finishing Production
- HASL – Hot Air Solder Leveling Surface Finish
- ENIG – Electroless Nickel Immersion Gold Surface Finish
- How to Choose a PCB Manufacturer
- Planning BOMs for a Smooth Production
- Common Mode vs. Differential Mode: Cut Through the Noise