In the same way that you can’t pound a puzzle piece into the wrong place, following some basic PCB component placement guidelines will help ensure the success of your layout.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Looking for a contract manufacturer to build a large PCB prototype board can be overwhelming to consider all of what needs to be done to get your board built on time and within budget.
Without the rigid processes in place to meet NRTL electrical certification requirements, these CMs aren’t able to provide the necessary assurance that the finished PCB can be used in your final product. This may result in a lot of extra expense and time to work around this problem to get the circuit board certified as required.
Let’s talk a little about some of those potential problems and frustrations that can happen during PCB manufacturing, and how the best PCB assembly services a CM can offer are focused on quality to help you navigate your way safely around them.
To keep up with the needs of today’s technologies, PCB assemblers are constantly looking for new and better ways to improve their manufacturing techniques. We’ll take a look here at some of the basics of automation in PCB manufacturing, and then ahead to what is coming next.
Making sure to partner with a CM that will make the right choice for your PCB prototype fabrication is extremely important to the success of your project. Here are some thoughts to keep in mind as you go through this process.
- The Importance of HALT and HASS Test Methodologies for Telecom Electronics
- UL508a Panel Shop Requirements: What Does It Mean to Work with a Certified CM?
- The Wire Harness Manufacturing Process: A Guide for Electronics Engineers
- Power Supply PCB Design Guidelines for Manufacturing
- PCB Layout Constraints and Their Effect on Assembly
- How to Prevent Tombstoning During PCB Assembly
- PCB Hole Size Tolerance and Its Impact on Assembly
- Component Orientation on PCBs: Best Practices to Optimize Assembly
- PCB Pad-to-Pad Spacing and Its Impact on DFM
- Bringing New Ideas to Life: Video Highlights VSE’s Role in Product Development