Ramping up production on any new product typically takes time, and during a pandemic that has shuttered many businesses, this could be difficult. But there are some manufacturers that are uniquely qualified to take on this task. Here’s how the role of manufacturing technology in pandemic containment is well suited to your local printed circuit board contract manufacturer.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Surface mount technology components, or SMTs, have a lot of advantages over traditional thru-hole components. There are, however, some disadvantages that you should be aware of too. Let’s take a closer look at some of these surface mount technology advantages and disadvantages.
As we have seen with the need to rapidly design and deploy new medical equipment to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, there is more pressure now to hasten medical equipment development. At the same time, there is still the need to satisfy the testing, documentation, and regulatory requirements of manufacturing medical electronics.
when it comes to sourcing parts for your printed circuit board, there is a difference between who you buy from there as well. Let’s take a look at some of the differences between domestic sourcing vs international sourcing in the components you need for your PCB builds.
If you work with a reputable and experienced manufacturer, you’ll have access to a broader range of standard PCB sizes than 1.57 mm. If you need a customized board thickness with precisely controlled laminate thickness for controlled impedance, a reputable manufacturer can give you access to a range of laminate options for your custom stackup.
Each of these areas must be carefully managed in order to assure that the parts needed for building your board are there when the board goes into manufacturing. Let’s take a closer look at these five areas of concern for supply chain management in the electronics industry.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts
- Turnkey PCB Assembly: Finding the Right Fit
- What to Look for in Scalable PCB Manufacturing Services