How we define the pads used in the footprints of our printed circuit board designs can make or break the board when it comes to assembling it. Here are some PCB pad design guidelines that can help you to create pad shapes that will contribute to success when it comes time to manufacture your PCB.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
When it comes to the layer stackup of a printed circuit board and its impact on assembly and manufacturing, yu need to make sure that you have all of the needs of the board met without unnecessarily increasing the complexity and cost of manufacturing. Here are some guidelines that can help.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the top design for manufacturability (DFM) issues in PCB design that can ultimately cause us a lot of pain during manufacturing if not corrected.
To truly prove the capabilities of a prototype, the PCBA should be built by your contract manufacturer along with the system enclosure. Here’s what to expect from your CM when it comes to electronics box build assemblies.
The Gerber file is used to fabricate the raw circuit board. To help you to be better prepared, here’s a look at how Gerber files are explained and how they’re used in the manufacturing of your PCB.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner
- The PCB Etching Process and its Role in Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Choosing the Best PCB Circuit Board Assembly Partner: What You Need to Know
- PCB Material Management for High-Frequency Applications Best Practices
- Guide to PCB Mouse Bites Dimensions
- Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Methods with Your Contract Manufacturing Partner
- Identifying PCB Fault Detection Using Image Processing
- The Importance of PCB Stackup Design in Your Next Project Layout
- Methods for Failure Analysis in Circuit Board Systems
- Top Six Common PCB Assembly Defects and How to Combat Them