Years ago, I was remapping the functionality of an RC car for a school project. My team and I had to design, shop, build, test, and debug an analog circuit that added cruise control functionality and IR sensing.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
I tend to be overly cautious when planning my routes on new long-distance backpacking trips. I’ll start with detailed route reviews that pour over elevation maps. These reviews, combined with approximate pack weight, indicate how strenuous each hour of the trip will be and when to plan my breaks. With the wealth of geographical information available, it’s easy to determine how long I can expect to spend on a trail each day.
Like most, I’ve witnessed the loss of local businesses during the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic. While it’s sad to see restaurants go, my region’s bike shops almost wholly disappeared. I once had multiple stops nearby for repairs, including national chains, all of which have moved or shuttered within the past two years.
I have a habit of reusing and repairing items that many would throw away or abandon in their garages. With a bit of work, there’s a treasure trove of items available to revive for all kinds of hobbies and interests. For me, this also extends to electronics – I’m particularly fond of restoring old NES and computer systems.
One of my favorite pastimes is following the development of game strategies. Especially in the realm of video games, slight tweaks or counterplay to the gameplay results in new discoveries without changing the underlying game. In other words, a finalized version of a release may evolve over time as the same physical product.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Protected: Characteristic Impedance of Transmission Line Design
- PCB Trace Widths: Optimizing for Impedance, Density
- Parasitic Capacitance: High-Speed Circuit Effects
- Component Obsolescence and Future-Proofed Assemblies
- PCB Core vs. Prepreg
- Copper Clad Laminate (CCL) Selection Guide
- Medical Device Industry Forecast: 2024 and Beyond
- Semiconductor Industry Forecast 2024: AI Driving Growth
- Copper Thickness for PCBs
- Electronic Component Lifecycle Management Aids Assembly