Most PCBs do not need to be built to the highest standard—Class 3. In fact, you may get better overall results by having them built to IPC-A-610 class 2 requirements instead.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Your contract manufacturer should have processes in place for inspection and cleanup of assembled boards. Let’s take a moment to talk about why you should expect full attention to printed circuit board assembly cleanliness specifications from your CM.
In the same way that you can’t pound a puzzle piece into the wrong place, following some basic PCB component placement guidelines will help ensure the success of your layout.
Looking for a contract manufacturer to build a large PCB prototype board can be overwhelming to consider all of what needs to be done to get your board built on time and within budget.
Without the rigid processes in place to meet NRTL electrical certification requirements, these CMs aren’t able to provide the necessary assurance that the finished PCB can be used in your final product. This may result in a lot of extra expense and time to work around this problem to get the circuit board certified as required.
Let’s talk a little about some of those potential problems and frustrations that can happen during PCB manufacturing, and how the best PCB assembly services a CM can offer are focused on quality to help you navigate your way safely around them.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Design Your Product for Manufacturability and High Quality with DfMA
- Electronic Manufacturing Services: What To Look For In a Partner
- Mechanical Assembler: Skills and Knowledge Needed for Industry Opportunities
- The Importance of PCB in Developing Technology: From Consumer to Industrial
- Design Considerations for Partitioning and Layout of a Mixed-Signal PCB
- DFMA: Reducing Manufacturing Overhead Costs and Labor Requirements
- Benefits of a PCB Contract Manufacturing Company and Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of PCBs in Developing Technology: From Domestic to Industrial
- The Four Best Practices for Organizing Your CAD System Drawings
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner