From fabrication to assembly, there are a lot of things that can happen to your circuit board. Your contract manufacturer should have the systems and procedures in place to prevent problems and ensure the best quality assembly for your design.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Too often, PCB design for assembly practices are viewed as simple checks the manufacturer makes after they receive the PCB design data. Instead, these guidelines are critical for the PCB designer to observe during layout.
Here’s a look at how to avoid some of the most common PCB layout mistakes, as well as insight into how your PCB contract manufacturer should help along the way.
There will still be times when the assembly of a PCB will require the human touch. Here are some examples of how both the automated and manual assembly processes have importance in the manufacturing of your PCBA.
When change request best practices are followed, the engineering development of the prototype will continue as it should. If change request best practices aren’t observed, however, chaos will reign.
To avoid PCB component failures, your CM should have a strict policy and adequate techniques in place for inspection and testing.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Design Your Product for Manufacturability and High Quality with DfMA
- Electronic Manufacturing Services: What To Look For In a Partner
- Mechanical Assembler: Skills and Knowledge Needed for Industry Opportunities
- The Importance of PCB in Developing Technology: From Consumer to Industrial
- Design Considerations for Partitioning and Layout of a Mixed-Signal PCB
- DFMA: Reducing Manufacturing Overhead Costs and Labor Requirements
- Benefits of a PCB Contract Manufacturing Company and Supply Chain Management
- The Importance of PCBs in Developing Technology: From Domestic to Industrial
- The Four Best Practices for Organizing Your CAD System Drawings
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner