Electronics innovators and OEMs are scrambling to find the components they need to build their products, forcing them to find new sources for parts. We’ll look at some of the reasons electronics manufacturers are in this situation and how you can search for new electronic components in the supply chain.
This shortage has become a hot topic lately, especially for design engineers creating new electronic equipment, and two critical questions are being raised. Why is there a semiconductor shortage, and how can we work around it? We’re going to look at this problem in greater detail and give you some suggestions on preparing for it, so your next PCB design doesn’t come up short on parts.
It would be ideal if electronic components never failed, never became obsolete, or were never too expensive or unavailable. Sadly, that is not the case. Any or all of those conditions can cause PCB design’s parts to need replacing. Since this problem is unavoidable, here are some different ways to find replacement electronic components and simplify that process.
There’s a lot of concern right now about the electronic component supply shortages stemming from the global pandemic of 2020. The automobile industry is already feeling the effects of the semiconductor shortage, and many other industries are beginning to report problems. The questions on everyone’s mind now are: What is the status of component availability in production for the parts I need? How can I guard against being adversely affected by this shortage? We’ll look at these questions and address how you can keep the production of your circuit boards running without any delays.
Taken by themselves, the tooling holes in a circuit board would seem commonplace as they are regular-looking thru-holes drilled in the board. But a closer look at their purpose will reveal their importance. Some are used for attaching hardware on a circuit board, while others are designed to help with the board’s fabrication and assembly. We will examine these different holes in greater detail as we discuss PCB tooling holes and the design guidelines that accompany them.
Electronic components’ makers face some severe supply chain issues as the demand for semiconductors is spiking worldwide. Let’s take a look at some of the causes of this global electronic component shortage and how you can guard yourself against the effects.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner
- The PCB Etching Process and its Role in Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Choosing the Best PCB Circuit Board Assembly Partner: What You Need to Know
- PCB Material Management for High-Frequency Applications Best Practices
- Guide to PCB Mouse Bites Dimensions
- Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Methods with Your Contract Manufacturing Partner
- Identifying PCB Fault Detection Using Image Processing
- The Importance of PCB Stackup Design in Your Next Project Layout
- Methods for Failure Analysis in Circuit Board Systems
- Top Six Common PCB Assembly Defects and How to Combat Them