The footprint must be built to exacting standards for the correct assembly of the PCB. To build the right-size footprints for your next PCB design, here are some PCB footprint creation ideas to help.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
How we define the pads used in the footprints of our printed circuit board designs can make or break the board when it comes to assembling it. Here are some PCB pad design guidelines that can help you to create pad shapes that will contribute to success when it comes time to manufacture your PCB.
When it comes to the layer stackup of a printed circuit board and its impact on assembly and manufacturing, yu need to make sure that you have all of the needs of the board met without unnecessarily increasing the complexity and cost of manufacturing. Here are some guidelines that can help.
To truly prove the capabilities of a prototype, the PCBA should be built by your contract manufacturer along with the system enclosure. Here’s what to expect from your CM when it comes to electronics box build assemblies.
The Gerber file is used to fabricate the raw circuit board. To help you to be better prepared, here’s a look at how Gerber files are explained and how they’re used in the manufacturing of your PCB.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Protected: Characteristic Impedance of Transmission Line Design
- PCB Trace Widths: Optimizing for Impedance, Density
- Parasitic Capacitance: High-Speed Circuit Effects
- Component Obsolescence and Future-Proofed Assemblies
- PCB Core vs. Prepreg
- Copper Clad Laminate (CCL) Selection Guide
- Medical Device Industry Forecast: 2024 and Beyond
- Semiconductor Industry Forecast 2024: AI Driving Growth
- Copper Thickness for PCBs
- Electronic Component Lifecycle Management Aids Assembly