Design review takes some time, especially for a high-layer-count, high-net-count PCB. Anytime design problems are spotted, your manufacturer must engage in back-and-forth communication with you, the customer, to fix these design problems. The key to ensuring quick turnaround PCB assembly time is to anticipate these potential problems through early communication.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Following checklists for flying is critical, as not doing so can result in disaster. The same is true while designing a printed circuit board. If you don’t already have one, here are some ideas on how to create a simple but effective PCB layout checklist for yourself.
In PCB design, we have rules to follow as well that are intended to protect us from creating PCB designs that can’t be assembled. Here’s a look at some of those PCB trace design rules and how by using them, you can help yourself design a better board.
Here, we’re going to take a look at the IPC through hole soldering standards, and just how a high-quality CM will apply them to working on your printed circuit board assembly.
Your contract manufacturer also must be fully prepared when they manufacture your printed circuit boards with surface mount components. Of course, there’s a lot more to this preparation than just picking up a few extra paint brushes. The raw boards must be prepared for assembly, and the automated placement machines must be set up with parts before the board can go through the production line. Let’s take a moment to look more closely at the SMT PCB assembly process and how that might affect some of your PCB design decisions.
If those pins are the leads of a thru-hole device, then soldering or un-soldering those pins can be very difficult with all of the metal in the planes they connect to. This is where the thermal relief comes in, and there are some PCB thermal relief guidelines that you should know more about.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts
- Turnkey PCB Assembly: Finding the Right Fit
- What to Look for in Scalable PCB Manufacturing Services