Here, we’re going to take a look at the IPC through hole soldering standards, and just how a high-quality CM will apply them to working on your printed circuit board assembly.
Valley Services Electronics
Silicon Valley’s Premier Electronic and PCB Assembly Blog
Your contract manufacturer also must be fully prepared when they manufacture your printed circuit boards with surface mount components. Of course, there’s a lot more to this preparation than just picking up a few extra paint brushes. The raw boards must be prepared for assembly, and the automated placement machines must be set up with parts before the board can go through the production line. Let’s take a moment to look more closely at the SMT PCB assembly process and how that might affect some of your PCB design decisions.
If those pins are the leads of a thru-hole device, then soldering or un-soldering those pins can be very difficult with all of the metal in the planes they connect to. This is where the thermal relief comes in, and there are some PCB thermal relief guidelines that you should know more about.
Here are the details of the wire harness manufacturing process that your contract manufacturer should go through when building your assemblies.
PCB power supply guidelines can help create a design that provides the rest of the circuitry with clean, uninterrupted power and that is manufacturable.
Here’s a look at what the design rules and PCB layout constraints can do for your design and how best to use them to optimize assembly.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Protected: Characteristic Impedance of Transmission Line Design
- PCB Trace Widths: Optimizing for Impedance, Density
- Parasitic Capacitance: High-Speed Circuit Effects
- Component Obsolescence and Future-Proofed Assemblies
- PCB Core vs. Prepreg
- Copper Clad Laminate (CCL) Selection Guide
- Medical Device Industry Forecast: 2024 and Beyond
- Semiconductor Industry Forecast 2024: AI Driving Growth
- Copper Thickness for PCBs
- Electronic Component Lifecycle Management Aids Assembly