Many variables can affect how much it will cost to have a raw circuit board fab built, and those prices can also change depending on which vendor you use. We’re going to look at some of these variables and how you can control PCB fabrication methods to reduce supply chain costs.
To help designers create functional and manufacturable circuit boards, the PCB design software creators will include a variety of design rules and constraints in their tools. The appearance and use of these constraints will vary quite a bit from tool to tool, but their purpose is always the same, to help you to design a better circuit board. Here are some ideas on how to set up and work with these rules.
Over the past several years, our confidence in the quality of the parts used has been violated by counterfeit parts’ proliferation on the market. The flood of counterfeits has required extra diligence in sourcing electronic components to ensure that what is purchased is the real McCoy and will work as expected when installed on a PCB. Here are some tips on how to ensure the components you are working with are genuine.
A circuit board can be the recipient of EMI unless preventative measures are taken in its design. The PCB you design can also create EMI with other electronics if you don’t take the same precautions. This article will look at some of these precautions and how to avoid electromagnetic interference in PCB designs.
The circuit boards we design also require extra effort when laying them out for high-speed circuitry. Sensitive nets must be routed according to specific high-speed rules and many other high-speed design requirements that must be followed. These include everything from how the schematic is organized to the placement of the components. We will look at all of this as we discuss the high-speed routing techniques to help you cross the finish line with your next PCB design.
Counterfeiting problems in electronics go far beyond batteries, extending all across the industry. Not only do these pseudo parts potentially damage the quality of the products that they are used in, but they are also a severe drain on the legitimate component industry. The best defense against a problem like this is to expose it and discover ways to prevent its spread. Here is information on counterfeit electronic components and what you can do to protect yourself.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner
- The PCB Etching Process and its Role in Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Choosing the Best PCB Circuit Board Assembly Partner: What You Need to Know
- PCB Material Management for High-Frequency Applications Best Practices
- Guide to PCB Mouse Bites Dimensions
- Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Methods with Your Contract Manufacturing Partner
- Identifying PCB Fault Detection Using Image Processing
- The Importance of PCB Stackup Design in Your Next Project Layout
- Methods for Failure Analysis in Circuit Board Systems
- Top Six Common PCB Assembly Defects and How to Combat Them