Most original equipment manufacturers of electronics do not have their own printed circuit board fabrication and assembly facilities. To get their boards built and, in some cases, designed, they rely on the services of circuit board contract manufacturers for PCB development.
Instead of electronics original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) supporting the entire production process for their products, it is often more cost-effective to contract out this work. For example, building a circuit board takes a lot of unique equipment, processes, and trained staff, putting a demand on the OEM to provide. Alternatively, a contract manufacturer specializing in turnkey PCB assembly can do the entire job faster, less expensively, with better results. Let’s take a closer look at how this works.
A printed circuit board’s manufacturing requirements change during the board’s life-cycle. Boards planned for long-term production will increase from their initial low-volume prototyping manufacturing requirements to high-volume builds. PCB designers need to prepare for this growth and work with an assembly vendor with scalable PCB manufacturing services. Here are some more details on what that means.
PCB manufacturing is by nature a customized process as each design is usually unique in its size, configuration, and purpose. But there are some aspects of building a board that can affect the cost more than others. Here we will take a look at some of the factors that can impact the cost of custom PCB assembly so that you will know what to expect on your next design.
There’s a lot the designer should understand when building a PCB prototype to be prepared. In addition to the board’s build’s purpose and requirements, it’s also essential to know fabrication and assembly processes that will impact design. This article will discuss the process of custom circuit boards manufacturing prototypes and how the right PCB contract manufacturer can help guide you through your next prototype design.
For a long time, home electronics consisted mostly of entertainment devices such as televisions and sound systems or house-hold appliances like ovens and washing machines. However, with personal computers and gaming systems, home electronics expanded to the next level. Now, these systems and smart devices can all be linked within a home network.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner
- The PCB Etching Process and its Role in Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Choosing the Best PCB Circuit Board Assembly Partner: What You Need to Know
- PCB Material Management for High-Frequency Applications Best Practices
- Guide to PCB Mouse Bites Dimensions
- Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Methods with Your Contract Manufacturing Partner
- Identifying PCB Fault Detection Using Image Processing
- The Importance of PCB Stackup Design in Your Next Project Layout
- Methods for Failure Analysis in Circuit Board Systems
- Top Six Common PCB Assembly Defects and How to Combat Them