Following checklists for flying is critical, as not doing so can result in disaster. The same is true while designing a printed circuit board. If you don’t already have one, here are some ideas on how to create a simple but effective PCB layout checklist for yourself.
In PCB design, we have rules to follow as well that are intended to protect us from creating PCB designs that can’t be assembled. Here’s a look at some of those PCB trace design rules and how by using them, you can help yourself design a better board.
Here, we’re going to take a look at the IPC through hole soldering standards, and just how a high-quality CM will apply them to working on your printed circuit board assembly.
Your contract manufacturer also must be fully prepared when they manufacture your printed circuit boards with surface mount components. Of course, there’s a lot more to this preparation than just picking up a few extra paint brushes. The raw boards must be prepared for assembly, and the automated placement machines must be set up with parts before the board can go through the production line. Let’s take a moment to look more closely at the SMT PCB assembly process and how that might affect some of your PCB design decisions.
If those pins are the leads of a thru-hole device, then soldering or un-soldering those pins can be very difficult with all of the metal in the planes they connect to. This is where the thermal relief comes in, and there are some PCB thermal relief guidelines that you should know more about.
Telecom industry PCBs must pass important testing to ensure they will function as expected. Here’s a closer look at the HALT and HASS test methodologies.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Common Printed Circuit Board Problems: Components
- PCB Grounding in Mixed-Signal Design Expectations
- Common Printed Circuit Board Problems: Design
- Mixed-Signal Power Supply Design Considerations
- Why Being a PCB Program Manager is a Top PCB Industry Job
- Seven Benefits of Reshoring Electronic Manufacturing
- What is Trace Width in PCB Layout?
- Become a Bay Area Sales Representative for PCB and Electronics Manufacturing
- RF Design Guidelines: PCB Layout and Circuit Optimization
- Design Your Product for Manufacturability and High Quality with DfMA