Help is available for quality control through automated optical inspection systems (AOI). Here are more details on how PCB fault detection using image processing will assist with printed circuit board inspections.
In PCB design, it isn’t uncommon for junior designers to quickly throw components into a layout to move to the “fun” part of routing the traces. With PCB design, as with bridges, all the work can be wasted effort if the substrate isn’t designed correctly. Therefore, it is essential first to configure the layer stackup of the board to support the needs of the design. Here are some more details about the importance of PCB stackup design and what to be aware of before going into the layout.
Circuit boards have an analysis process they can go through when they suffer a failure. Although a PCB failure doesn’t command the same amount of attention as an accident, it is still essential to understanding the error and preventing it from happening again. Here is a closer look at failure analysis in circuit board systems to better understand this aspect of PCB design and development.
To find out more about circuit board manufacturing problems and how to guard against them in PCB design, here’s a closer look at these six common PCB assembly defects.
The PCB designer career field is projected to continue growing for the foreseeable future, and designers earn far above the average annual income in the United States. If this sounds like a career field that you would be interested in, keep reading. There’s a lot more to tell about becoming a PCB designer.
As signal speeds got faster on printed circuit boards, their potential for emitting or being victimized by noise and interference also increased. Many steps were taken to clear the signal’s pathways, including arranging the board stackup in microstrip or stripline configurations to achieve the best signal integrity. This setup protects sensitive high-speed signals from much of the noise and interference by routing them on a layer adjacent to a reference plane. Let’s take a closer look at microstrip vs. stripline layer configurations and how they may apply to your next design.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Ensure Electronic Requirements for Medical Devices Are Met With A Contract Partner
- The PCB Etching Process and its Role in Circuit Board Manufacturing
- Choosing the Best PCB Circuit Board Assembly Partner: What You Need to Know
- PCB Material Management for High-Frequency Applications Best Practices
- Guide to PCB Mouse Bites Dimensions
- Benefits of PCB Functional Testing Methods with Your Contract Manufacturing Partner
- Identifying PCB Fault Detection Using Image Processing
- The Importance of PCB Stackup Design in Your Next Project Layout
- Methods for Failure Analysis in Circuit Board Systems
- Top Six Common PCB Assembly Defects and How to Combat Them