In PCB design, we are also looking for ways that we can streamline the design process to make it more efficient and the boards easier to manufacture. Here are some ways a high-quality CM can help you to streamline your PCB design process steps.
Too often, a simple parts list is submitted to the PCB contract assembler instead of a finalized bill of materials. Without complete and correct information, it can cause confusion as to what is actually needed to build the board.
Design review takes some time, especially for a high-layer-count, high-net-count PCB. Anytime design problems are spotted, your manufacturer must engage in back-and-forth communication with you, the customer, to fix these design problems. The key to ensuring quick turnaround PCB assembly time is to anticipate these potential problems through early communication.
Following checklists for flying is critical, as not doing so can result in disaster. The same is true while designing a printed circuit board. If you don’t already have one, here are some ideas on how to create a simple but effective PCB layout checklist for yourself.
In PCB design, we have rules to follow as well that are intended to protect us from creating PCB designs that can’t be assembled. Here’s a look at some of those PCB trace design rules and how by using them, you can help yourself design a better board.
Here, we’re going to take a look at the IPC through hole soldering standards, and just how a high-quality CM will apply them to working on your printed circuit board assembly.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Requirements for Impedance Control in PCB Design
- When Electronics Material Shortage in PCB Assembly Affects Your Production
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts