If you work with a reputable and experienced manufacturer, you’ll have access to a broader range of standard PCB sizes than 1.57 mm. If you need a customized board thickness with precisely controlled laminate thickness for controlled impedance, a reputable manufacturer can give you access to a range of laminate options for your custom stackup.
Each of these areas must be carefully managed in order to assure that the parts needed for building your board are there when the board goes into manufacturing. Let’s take a closer look at these five areas of concern for supply chain management in the electronics industry.
Some materials and components will more stringent shelf-life specifications than others. If those specifications aren’t followed, it could result in a lot of problems with the production of the board. Here is some more information on the shelf life of printed circuit boards as well as their building materials and components, and how your contract manufacturer should be working with them.
My father always used to say, you can fix most problems with bungee cords and duct tape. Unless you plan on duct taping your components to your PCB, your boards will have to go through a manual or automated soldering process. This is where it is important to understand the factors that affect PCB solder joint strength.
Designing a PCB that has RF circuitry on it can be a real shock to a layout engineer if they aren’t prepared for it. PCB shapes for RF may be odd-looking, and the design constraints may end up breaking the standard rules that you are used to. Here are some RF PCB design guidelines that can help.
Electronics manufacturers have the option of using locally based circuit board production facilities instead of relying on offshore assembly plants. There are also a lot of other benefits that locally based PCB assemblers can offer aside from the current worldwide health crisis. Let’s explore some of the offshore manufacturing pros and cons here, and how you can realize some extraordinary benefits from using PCB assembly services that are close by.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Requirements for Impedance Control in PCB Design
- When Electronics Material Shortage in PCB Assembly Affects Your Production
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts