Everything from drugs and therapies to new medical equipment quickly went from development to production, including new systems for the detection and treatment of COVID-19. This is hardly surprising though, for those who are in the business of creating cutting edge technology in healthcare have been routinely doing this all along. Let’s take a look at some of this technology and what it takes to get it manufactured.
Before your next shipment of finished PCBs arrives at your office or warehouse, you’ll need assurance that it will comply with important industry safety standards and is fully functional. An experienced CM with the right facilities can perform these tests and much more during fabrication.
Ramping up production on any new product typically takes time, and during a pandemic that has shuttered many businesses, this could be difficult. But there are some manufacturers that are uniquely qualified to take on this task. Here’s how the role of manufacturing technology in pandemic containment is well suited to your local printed circuit board contract manufacturer.
Surface mount technology components, or SMTs, have a lot of advantages over traditional thru-hole components. There are, however, some disadvantages that you should be aware of too. Let’s take a closer look at some of these surface mount technology advantages and disadvantages.
As we have seen with the need to rapidly design and deploy new medical equipment to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, there is more pressure now to hasten medical equipment development. At the same time, there is still the need to satisfy the testing, documentation, and regulatory requirements of manufacturing medical electronics.
when it comes to sourcing parts for your printed circuit board, there is a difference between who you buy from there as well. Let’s take a look at some of the differences between domestic sourcing vs international sourcing in the components you need for your PCB builds.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Requirements for Impedance Control in PCB Design
- When Electronics Material Shortage in PCB Assembly Affects Your Production
- Sustainable Electronics Materials and Manufacturing Utilizing Green Technology
- Locating New Electronic Components: Supply Chains and Shortages
- Why is There a Semiconductor Shortage and How We Work Around It
- How To Find Replacement Electronic Components For Your Projects
- Component Availability In Production: Solutions for Challenging Times
- PCB Tooling Holes Design Guide
- Global Electronic Component Shortage: Solutions to Stay Ahead
- The Four Main Benefits of Onshoring PCB Assembly Contracts