Most everyone is familiar with the work of a PCB contract manufacturer who assembles electronic components to a circuit board. Many people don’t realize, though, that before it is assembled, the circuit board is produced using a very intricate fabrication process. This job is handled by fabricators who use lamination and PCB etching processes to create the raw circuit board. We will explore this part of circuit board manufacturing with some details about the PCB fabrication process.
Overseas production and shipping have been affected by the pandemic, disrupting normally stable supply chains and manufacturing and delivery schedules. Designers worldwide wonder who to call to get their circuit boards built correctly and promptly. Before you make that call, here are some of the capabilities to look for in a PCB circuit board assembly partner.
Proper materials management is essential in all aspects of our lives, from cooking ingredients to choosing the right paint colors for a house. It’s also crucial in manufacturing printed circuit boards, especially when those PCBs are operating at high frequencies. Here are some PCB material management for high-frequency considerations to keep in mind for your next design.
There are many different tests and inspections that a circuit board will go through during manufacturing. Some of these tests are designed to catch specific problems or conditions, while others are more general. All testing culminates with the final functional test to ensure that the board is ready to operate. This article will examine these different tests and explore the benefits of PCB functional testing methods.
Help is available for quality control through automated optical inspection systems (AOI). Here are more details on how PCB fault detection using image processing will assist with printed circuit board inspections.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- PCB Repair: Common Breaks and How to Fix Them
- How Do the RoHS PCB Requirements Change the Production Process
- What PCB Certifications Should You Look for in Your Manufacturing Partner
- High Current PCB Design Best Practices
- Through-Hole Soldering: A Guide to the Best Practices
- Understanding PCB Thermal Resistance and its Importance in the Design Process
- Why PCB Thermal Conductivity is Important
- Best Practices for PCB Soldering Techniques
- Choosing the Best PCB Material for Your Project
- Requirements for Manufacturing a PCB for Medical Devices