My father always used to say, you can fix most problems with bungee cords and duct tape. Unless you plan on duct taping your components to your PCB, your boards will have to go through a manual or automated soldering process. This is where it is important to understand the factors that affect PCB solder joint strength.
Designing a PCB that has RF circuitry on it can be a real shock to a layout engineer if they aren’t prepared for it. PCB shapes for RF may be odd-looking, and the design constraints may end up breaking the standard rules that you are used to. Here are some RF PCB design guidelines that can help.
Electronics manufacturers have the option of using locally based circuit board production facilities instead of relying on offshore assembly plants. There are also a lot of other benefits that locally based PCB assemblers can offer aside from the current worldwide health crisis. Let’s explore some of the offshore manufacturing pros and cons here, and how you can realize some extraordinary benefits from using PCB assembly services that are close by.
The key to getting your medical equipment certified by all of the required regulatory standards in order to get your product to market is to use a PCB contract manufacturer (CM) who understands and works with these standards. Here is how the medical equipment standards and regulations affect PCB manufacturing for medical devices, and what you need to know when working with your PCB CM.
Let’s examine some of the benefits of both overseas and local manufacturing, as well as the problems that electronics manufacturers faced during this crisis. Then we can see how the benefits of manufacturing in the U.S. can help during a crisis.
During times of uncertainty, such as the recent Coronavirus outbreak, there are many different competing and confusing voices clamoring for your attention. Trying to discern which of these voices to listen to can be difficult, especially when it comes to making business decisions about your electronics manufacturing. Here is where partnering with a local printed circuit board manufacturer can be very helpful.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Guide to the PCB Drilling Process
- Microchip Shortage 2020: How Will It Affect Supply Chains in 2021?
- Protecting Your PCB Intellectual Property with the Right PCBA Partnership
- How to Reduce Your PCB Design Cost
- Exploring Functional Partitioning in PCB Design Best Practices
- Using Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) for PCB Manufacturing Validation
- Using PCB Fabrication Methods to Reduce Supply Chain Costs
- A Brief Introduction to PCB Layout Design Rules
- Sourcing Electronic Components: How To Make Sure Your Supplier is Authentic
- How to Avoid Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) in Printed Circuit Boards