Electromagnetic interference (EMI) has been a problem that electronic design has grappled with for as long as printed circuit boards have been built. Depending on the function and design of the electronics, a PCB may produce or fall victim to radiated electromagnetic energy. The goal is to design PCBs so that they will not interfere with each other and have good electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). This means paying attention to five key areas on your design.
When it comes to having your printed circuit boards manufactured, the quality of the finished product will be one of your chief concerns. To achieve the highest levels of manufacturing quality, it is important to find a contract manufacturer that follows established PCB quality control methods. Here are six areas of quality control that you should be looking for in a PCB CM.
Everything from drugs and therapies to new medical equipment quickly went from development to production, including new systems for the detection and treatment of COVID-19. This is hardly surprising though, for those who are in the business of creating cutting edge technology in healthcare have been routinely doing this all along. Let’s take a look at some of this technology and what it takes to get it manufactured.
Before your next shipment of finished PCBs arrives at your office or warehouse, you’ll need assurance that it will comply with important industry safety standards and is fully functional. An experienced CM with the right facilities can perform these tests and much more during fabrication.
Ramping up production on any new product typically takes time, and during a pandemic that has shuttered many businesses, this could be difficult. But there are some manufacturers that are uniquely qualified to take on this task. Here’s how the role of manufacturing technology in pandemic containment is well suited to your local printed circuit board contract manufacturer.
Surface mount technology components, or SMTs, have a lot of advantages over traditional thru-hole components. There are, however, some disadvantages that you should be aware of too. Let’s take a closer look at some of these surface mount technology advantages and disadvantages.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- Microchip Shortage 2020: How Will It Affect Supply Chains in 2021?
- Protecting Your PCB Intellectual Property with the Right PCBA Partnership
- How to Reduce Your PCB Design Cost
- Exploring Functional Partitioning in PCB Design Best Practices
- Using Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) for PCB Manufacturing Validation
- Using PCB Fabrication Methods to Reduce Supply Chain Costs
- A Brief Introduction to PCB Layout Design Rules
- Sourcing Electronic Components: How To Make Sure Your Supplier is Authentic
- How to Avoid Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) in Printed Circuit Boards
- Guide to High-Speed Routing Techniques Best Practices