Electronics manufacturers have the option of using locally based circuit board production facilities instead of relying on offshore assembly plants. There are also a lot of other benefits that locally based PCB assemblers can offer aside from the current worldwide health crisis. Let’s explore some of the offshore manufacturing pros and cons here, and how you can realize some extraordinary benefits from using PCB assembly services that are close by.
The key to getting your medical equipment certified by all of the required regulatory standards in order to get your product to market is to use a PCB contract manufacturer (CM) who understands and works with these standards. Here is how the medical equipment standards and regulations affect PCB manufacturing for medical devices, and what you need to know when working with your PCB CM.
Let’s examine some of the benefits of both overseas and local manufacturing, as well as the problems that electronics manufacturers faced during this crisis. Then we can see how the benefits of manufacturing in the U.S. can help during a crisis.
During times of uncertainty, such as the recent Coronavirus outbreak, there are many different competing and confusing voices clamoring for your attention. Trying to discern which of these voices to listen to can be difficult, especially when it comes to making business decisions about your electronics manufacturing. Here is where partnering with a local printed circuit board manufacturer can be very helpful.
When you’re ready to move your design to the manufacturing and assembly stage, there are several important pieces of documentation you’ll need to prepare for your manufacturer. Perhaps the most important is your bill of materials.
While the upfront costs can be considerable, the return on investment is considerable and is proportional to volume and product complexity. If you implement some simple design for testability steps, you can ensure your next board will operate as intended.
Need a hand with a current or future PCBA project? Find out what a difference VSE’s experts can make.
- PCB Material Properties That Can Impact Board Manufacturability
- Six Challenges of Medical Device Product Development
- PCB Heat Dissipation Techniques to Protect Your Board
- What Are the IPC Component Spacing Guidelines?
- How to Determine the Optimal PCB Component-to-Edge Clearance
- Eight Important PCB Panelization Guidelines to Know
- Six Best Practices to Ensure PCB Design Completion
- Five Types of Soldering Defects in PCB Assemblies and How to Avoid Them
- Nine PCB Routing Best Practices
- Seven PCB Layout Best Practices